The Bus Status App
You want to stay on top of any busing delays or cancellations, and we want you to, too. Northern Lights Public Schools uses the Box Clever Bus Status App to give parents and caregivers a simple and accessible way to make sure they're notified of any changes in the status of their students' bus routes immediately. The app is available on the App Store for Apple devices and the Google Play Store for Android devices.
The Bus Status App allows you to always know and keep track of any busing delays or cancellations, and receive push notifications for just the bus routes that matter to you. The Bus Status App replaces the NLSD-2-GO app used in the past.
Using the Bus Status App
Follow along with our simple instructional video, or follow these steps:
- Make sure you've downloaded the correct app from the App Store or the Google Play Store
- Open up the app
- The first time you run the app, you'll be prompted to select a school district from a large list. Select Northern Lights Public Schools. If this option isn't available, then you've downloaded the wrong app.
- Once you've selected Northern Lights Public Schools, tap on All Buses to view a list of every bus route in the Division.
- Select the bus routes for which you'd like to receive notifications by tapping on the star to the right of the route name.
- You can search for bus routes by name, or filter routes by geographical location or by school using the tools at the top of the list.
- Once this is done, you'll receive immediate notifications from the Bus Status App any time there's a change in status for any of the routes that you've starred.
- You can also view the status of all the buses you've starred at any time by tapping on My Buses in the bottom left.
Northern Lights Public Schools also sends out emergency busing notifications and other important messages from the Division and school levels via School Messenger. School Messenger allows schools, and teachers, to send messages to parents and/or students using the contact information they provided to the school when they registered. This includes automated attendance notifications when students aren't at school and their absence hasn't already been reported by a parent or guardian. It can also include general messages from your child's teacher, school or division such as newsletters and information on upcoming events. The messages can be sent as voice messages to your phone(s), as email messages or as text messages.
To learn more about how to use School Messenger, visit the School Messenger section of the Northern Lights website.
What if I don't have a smartphone?
Not to worry, we don't rely on a single tool to communicate with you! You can also check real-time bus statuses and view any delays or cancellations on the homepage or Bus Status page of the Northern Lights Public Schools website, or you can check your students' school website for a filtered list of busing information.
We also post emergency busing information (e.g. mass cancellations) on the Northern Lights Facebook Page, so be sure to like and follow us on Facebook.