Nelson Heights School is a grade 5-8 configuration.With a continued focus on academics, moral intelligence, athletics, and fine arts, NHS provides a well-rounded program that will nurture our children through their formative years.
Nelson Heights School is a grade 4-8 configuration.With a continued focus on academics, moral intelligence, athletics, and fine arts, NHS provides a well-rounded program that will nurture our children through their formative years.
We hope the content of this website will help you in knowing and understanding the expectations and policies of the school. Please feel free to contact teachers or administration about your child or any other school related topics. Our school website is an invaluable source of real-time information that you will find useful throughout the year. We look forward to seeing you this school year!
At Nelson Heights School, we REACH for the Heights, by valuing:
Respect & Responsibility
Empathy & Effort
Acceptance & Self Control
Caring & Compassion
Honesty & Fairness
Moore , Twila - Assistant Principal
At Nelson Heights School, we believe that:
- Everyone can learn and learning is life-long.
- A safe, caring and respectful environment creates mutual trust and a climate that is suitable for learning.
- Education is the shared responsibility of students, parents, staff, and community.
- Every person should be a positive example in someone else's life.
- Education encourages students to experience and enjoy learning while building confidence and self-esteem.
- Every personal right comes with a personal responsibility.
- Literacy is a vital skill.
- We believe that every individual is capable of change and personal growth.